Sunday, November 10, 2013

Nathan Sykes opens up about Ariana Grande with Glamour Magazine

EXCLUSIVE: Nathan Sykes opens up about Ariana Grande

Is the next song you're going to write going to be about Ariana? Apparently she's going to write one about you…

"Yes, I've heard about that…"

Are you slightly worried about [her penning a song about your relationship]?

"Not at all, not at all. I can see myself writing about… Situations. I feel like the best way of writing is to write about things you've experienced. Because it's harder putting yourself in someone else's shoes and going, 'What would they think in this situation?' It's just easier to go, 'Here are my emotions on a plate in musical form'. So I can definitely see myself coming in on that."

If you ever broke up with Ariana, are you worried she could do a sort of Taylor Swift demolition?

"Well, I never intend on that happening, so…"

You're in it for a long haul…

"I am, very much so."

She performed a special show case at the Rise Club in London yesterday. How did that go?

"Yeah, she was great, she's so loved by the fans out here. She's had some crazy moments. She's gone to Germany, France and obviously London over the last four days and just had stupidly, massive moments in each place."

She got mobbed in Paris earlier this week, didn't she? Which must have been quite scary…

"Yeah, I think she lost Jones, her camera guy. Her mum got shoved. One of her management got punched and tore a ligament and the security was just abused! But I think she was alright and that's all that matters… Her security are amazing and everyone looks after her so well… But the fans would never hurt her, they just get so excited. They're so good to her out here and she's so grateful. She was like, 'Look how nice everyone's being!' And I was like, 'Yeah, they like you.' So [the performance] went really well, I went up and sang a song as well, which was cool."

Is it difficult maintaining a long-distance relationship?

"Not at all, not at all. I think if you've got a real determination to make it work, you can make it work. It's almost a myth about long-distance relationships."

If you're a busy person, we guess it makes it easier…

"Of course, and we're both lucky enough to have the opportunity to travel the world with our career and we get to spend a lot of time in LA, she gets to spend a lot of time in LA, New York and Europe. We're very lucky with our schedules, we bump into each other all the time. She's like, 'Oh, I'm flying to London next week,' and I'm like, 'Oh sweet, so am I. See you there.' So we've been very fortunate with timing and things like that."

Is she in London for a while now, or is she off to the MTV EMAs this weekend?

"She's here all of two days! She's going to the EMAs tomorrow, and yeah… What are we doing? I'm seeing my family for the first time in seven weeks!"

Are you going to introduce her to them?

"Oh, they've been introduced! We've been there, done that…"

Really? How did it go?

"It was really, really good. My family adore her! They were like, 'She's the nicest person on the planet,' and really, she is. And my sister just stood there, like… [mimes open-mouthed expression]. Jess. She's 17. She was like, 'She's so beautiful!' And I was like, 'Yes, yes she is…' [Brushes shoulder off]."

What are you going to buy Ariana for Christmas?

"I was thinking about this the other day…"

It's pretty hard to buy for the girl who's got everything…

"Yeah, I think I'm going to have to put a lot of thought into this one. Yeah, I want to get her something really nice… Just, you know, going red. Just blushing."

No comments:

Post a Comment